BRAC net, world youth community and Open Learning Campus

Sir Fazle Abed -top 70 alumni networks & 5 scots curious about hi-trust hi-tech

feb 2013

hi all

i know attached slide is ghastly, it can be built up in pieces and connects with different conversations we've had this year so far

so...

the story i need help in pitching

whichever million youth are most going to change the world for the better need to be connected by some missing curricula which 2013 needs to make massive open online

I am confident you can all edit deep cases on parts of dads/The Economist's 7 wonders curriculum of pro-youth economics

like millions of young people. I spent several years believing today's person whose network could best link together the first missing curriculum million youth most needed to simultaneously access was dr yunus, but by now I find it needs to be sir fazle abed (BRAC) first, then yunus 2 monicawww.singforhope.org  then 1 muhammad

If we viralise a 6 week MOOC introduction tour to all the knowledge sir fazle wants to open source

then we can turn round communities anywhere that any of the 7 global markets shown is currently spinning exponentially towards collapse

What doesn't amuse (even frightens) me is in 1984 dad wrote a book (12 years after we'd first seen tests on 500 youth sharing knowledge around an early digital network) on how to connect these 7 markets positively which was very simple then -there's no reason 2010s shouldn't already be worldwide youth's most exciting job creating decade other than totally wrong maths and the wrong sort of economists and media barons keynes warned us of in his conclusion to general theory

now 30 years of spinning systems in speculators highly conflicted, job destroying, fear-addiction instead of joyful freedom and planet unsustainable directions, 

I think we are down to collaborating around sir fazle as our last chance- anyhow that's what I will try to go over to dhaka and explain to him 

-of course I am very glad if there are other ways but I cant find any economists or professions who are valuing things with what I believe is dads correct maths  so although I share his optimistic nature, the risks of not helping sir fazle and million youth MOOC now are larger than I can verbalise

cheers

chris macrae skyoe chrismacraedc

www.wholeplanet.tv www.microeducationsummit.com

jan 2013

Dear A&A

I am spending quite a bit of february in boston and wondered if we can meet. One issue I would like to put on the agenda -can a mooc on mit100k be developed?

My father at The Economist and I first saw 500 students sharing knowhow around a digital network in 1972! so I am not particularly fazed by which internet term becomes flavor of a year. But if you try www.coursera.com it becomes evident: the basic ingredient of a Massive Open Online Curriculum/Collaboration is a slide show with a parralel youtube in bottom right hand corner giving a tour of the sides. So anyone with great collaboration knowhow to share with net generation can be a MOOC provider.

Friends I and a swarm of youth entreprenjeurs have arranged to debate this in dhaka with sir fazle abed and muhhamad yunus in last week of march 2013. If that goes well, one of them will chat with usaid to include this topic in the first global education summit they are aranging for aug 2013 out of washington dc

As I think youth development entrepreneur competitions and moocs go together in transforming education- especially if we are to value million times more collaboration technology sustainably and for all youth to be productive- it could be huge to start up a set of slides on mit100k selected so that it could progressively become a mooc as a you tube guided tour was added to them

Obviously you have the most uptodate knowledge and relationship permissions to start this up. I wonder which of Edward Roberts, Iqbal Quadir, Berners Lee, Joi Ito or Negropronte or someone else would be next to get on board with this idea so that all the most pro-youth MIT alumni networks are first to build with it

have you tried www.coursera.com ?- biggest change in 40 years since dad (The Economist's Norman Macrae) and i first saw 500 youth sharing knowledge around a digital network..

now anyone with a set of slides that shows how collaboration with them can most change the world can get linked in to job-creating education, mentoring hopefully be star players in free university - a fascinating question to explore is which mooc will first connect a million youth live-

.help us compile 2014's 41st top 10 league table of moocs designed to empower youth job creation - note the subject catalytic mechanism (now mooc) has changed over the years but not our Entrepreneurial Revolution passion since we first saw 500 youth sharing knowhow around a digital network in 1972

Views: 170

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

can i frame a challenge which may be unusual

i am in my 40th year of wanting to change education now that we have a million times more collab tech than when man raced to moon - something first prompted in 1972 by seeing 500 youth sharing knowledge on an early digital network; I see MOOC as one of last gamechangers education may ever in my life, but of course I am interested in gravitaing a very segmented partner group -eg those  that want 'edu" to help youth co-create 3 billion new jobs so net generation can be most productve and sustaibable time for youth to be alive www.wholeplanet.tv

FRAMING

i am interested in assembling partners around the first moocs that attract a million young participants helping them to explore what they dont know because conventional powers have not alowed them to explore that

if you could choose one first source to start such a guided tour through both her or his life's work (and peer network permissions) who can else list what innovation conflicts they see coming up next who would you choose

would it be berners lee ?, would it be joi ito?  negroponte? someone else?  in my case it will be sir fazle abed because

1)after 7 years of networking hunderds of people to explore bangaldesh, my friends and i can urgently and actionably inetract with sir fazle abed "editorially" -he's chairing a series of events on will BRAC MOOC during last week of march out of dhaka;

2 his life's work at the world's largest ngo is 1 not wholly understood;

3 brac offers about 100 collaboration franchises that many developing communities desperately need to test; he is in his last 2 years ov working life and is desparate to share

4 he is a nice surprisingly modest but grounded person for someone responsible for over 100000 employees serving development of about 100 million peoples lives- in other words unlike our politicians he is one of the greatest public servants alive measured by truly exponential impact metrics, and it would be wise right now if his ideas on post 2015 goals were heard - for example he honeslty says over-focus funding evluation on a singular goal such as all children go to primary school is an error- in his organsiation's case it has got over a billion dollars for primary but next to nothing for job creating secondary

i think wiki could help but only if it was not edited by whomever has most time to re-edit it- for example wikipedia is ghastly on any future changing entry that needs what turing called the uniquely human process of recursion;  and really only useful in stuff that is about historical fact and even then there are clear lobbies who swarm to rewrite history in their own view; in other words while technically wiki is a fascinating opportunity for letting a whole community access need to know information it doesnt have, socially a wiki needs contextually fit rules - and as yet i havent seen a wiki designed around eg the qualities of say a true 5000 perosn real open space which deliberately iterate through conflict resolution especially that caused by broken system caused by conventional wisdom over-ruling

wikimedia sounds interesting but what exactly is its purpose - and the more innovative its purpose what sort of social rules does it acuially edit in opposite ways to less innovative wikis

chris  skype chrismacraedc  email chris.macrae@yahoo.co.uk

incidentally there is only one network. within my awareness,  that has worked for over 30 years now on te sort of radical educational chnage that my dad and I first scripted as main advantage of net generation 30 yeras ago- its out of new zealand, primarily secondry stage, its at www.thelearningweb.net - and no if you had relied on putting teachers around a wiki you wouldnt have ever got here

Dear Rajiv

Nice talking to you today. Here's summary  you kindly asked for

my bootlegged 30 second version of yunus free university dream at skoll last week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ome28Obiy4I

My dad at The Economist and I first started exploring online youth networks in 1972 as par of the UK's National Development Project in Computer Assisted Learning (my first employer) ; since late 2007 I have been over to Dhaka 10 times to talk to yunus as my dad sponsored a 2000 youth social business book club around him and wrote his last article 2008 on how to prevent  2010s being the longest decade of slump for yunus to publish anywhere; 

so it was exciting that skoll became such a clear question  what if the world's best local community building university curriculum are online, free, potentially actioned by millions of youth's social networks at same time

I would like to make sure I have passed on an ideas that my team has brainstormed on this to your conveners (alex degan?) of global education summit in august - i am small part of a microeducationsummit movement that believes education needs to be core to post 2015 goals summits that youth can collaborate around

There are at least 5 collaboration search processes yunus is starting as soon as he gets back to dhaka - the one most suiting my "paygrade" is to survey who has a short presentation max 12 minutes that they believe millions of youth could interact on to create jobs or accelerate collaboration race to poverty museums.  (When you look at massive platforms likewww.coursera.org - 12 minutes is maximum content module

Having sponsored dr yunus 70th birthday wish weekend out of Glasgow 4 July 2010, My Family also publishes journal of social business with adam smith scholars so we aim both to survey some of yunus biggest decision-making friends and most passionate youth who have already emerged from 6 states wide competition yunus has hosted in last 2 years - a process that also linked into the 100 historically black universities who have come to model their entrepreneur curriculum around some of his ideas

We also sponsored a bangladeshi villager to graduate through london university  he is now back on ground in dhaka helping yunus and nurjahan begum and sir fazle abed send out parallel surveys

Dad died 3 years ago -so far we have convened 3 pro-youth economics remembrance parties on topics related to above- the one at The Economist Boardroom identified that the Sainsbury philanthropy and prince charles want to get microgreen energy knowhow into yunus dream university; the second one showed that mandela/branson partners who already operate a free physical university have lots to add through their chief educator taddy blecher; the third out of the embassy in dhaka debated how to help sir fazle abed make sure that wizard technology youth help keep bangladesh a free nation - something not easy at the moment as Bangladesh gets pulled into inter-cultural conflicts of a sort beyond my low-cost  intelligence searches

sincerely

chris macrae

Norman Macrae Foundation for pro-youth economist http://normanmacrae.ning.com and about 20 university sites -eggrameenuniversity.com  yunusuni.com waiting to be given away to whom will most help youth survey what they want be different practice areas

normally i am in bethesda at 301 881 1655 but at atlanta's 100 historically black university student competition thursday thru saturday

yunus gold congress today breaking news  - i chatted up 9 people about yunus free university including head of usaid (mail posted 3.00pm) asking him how it connected with first ever education summit they are hosting augusta -say if you want news of other 8 chats with A nurjuhan begum (microeducationsummit) astronaut B ron garon (what he most needs to help monica on as the 2 main massive youth collaboration curriculum friends of yunus) C Okada what japan can best help asia free university link in- D emmanuelle marchant what france can best do; people from EF s korea and malayasia on what they can best do; G ceo of grameen textiles on what he can do; mobile-health wizard from melbourne on what australia can fast linkin to free uni

have found that bhuiyan says his academic friends dont like way yunus put free university at skoll - so looks like will need another network to lead this -spaceman ron garon is onboard (i think) and okada-san in japan if chatted the right way round

its important to get enough collaboration momentum before any yunus powerbroker closes off pieces - not that I will care in a few months time because the more someone blocks youth from collaborating around open education the more they will shoot themselves in the foot -its just getting an open start between now and usaid summit that will be make or break

yunus added to his bio today

-he gave up his job as professor of economics at hbu in tennessee in 1971 during war of independence to come and to dc- apparently he ended up with a job guiding famous bangladeshis to their state's representative - so his 1971 cv became valuable as a congressman's assistant

the next time he was in congress - sam at results invited him to persent to various representatives in 1984 to present the then unknown grameen

todays gold medal whose back face slogan is the race to poverty museums was his 3rd main disruption of congress

now i think i see how to map how bangladeshi's knowhow and contact were built by yunus and abed -pity bangladeshis dont like publishing their full biographies in ways that a poor scot could most help linkin

monica sang beautiful dreamer to her father and speaker Boehner suggested congress could do with one or 2 more beautiful dreamers

chris bethesda 301 881 1655

Reply to Discussion

RSS

KERRY GLASGOWIS HUMANITY'S LAST BEST CHANCE - Join search for Sustainaabilty's Curricula

101ways-generation.docx 101 ways education can save the world WHAT IF WE DESIGNED LIFELONG LIVELIHOOD LOEARNING SO THAT so that teachers & students, parent & communities were empowered to be ahead of 100 times more tech rather than the remnants of a system that puts macihnes and their exhausts ahead of human life and nature's renewal 2016 is arguably the first time thet educatirs became front and centre to the question that Von neummn asked journalist to mediate back in 1951- what goods will peoples do with 100 times more tech per decade? It appears that while multilaterals like the Un got used in soundbite and twittering ages to claim they valued rifghts & inclusion, pubblic goods & safety, they fotgot theirUN tech twin in Genva has been practising global connectivity since 1865, that dellow Goats of V neumnn has chiared Intellectual Cooperation in the 1920s which pervesrely became the quasi trade union Unesco- it took Abedian inspired educations in 2016 ro reunite ed and tecah as well as health and trade ; 7 decades of the UN not valuing Numenn's question at its core is quite late, but if we dare graviate UN2 aeound this digital coperation question now we give the younger half if the world a chnace especially as a billion poorest women have been synchronised to deep community human development since 1970

Dear Robert - you kindly asked for a short email so that you could see if there is a CGTN anchor in east coast who might confidentially share views with my expectation of how only Asian young women cultural movements (parenting and community depth but amplified by transparent tech in life shaping markets eg health, food, nature..) can return sustainability to all of us
three of my father's main surveys in The Economist 1962-1977 explain imo where future history will take us (and so why younger half of world need friendship/sustainable adaptation with Chinese youth -both on mainland and diaspora)
 1962 consider japan approved by JF Kennedy: argued good news - 2 new economic models were emerging through japan korea south and taiwan relevant to all Asia Rising (nrxt to link the whole trading/supply chains of the far east coast down through hong kong and cross-seas at singapore)
1 rural keynsianism ie 100% productivity in village first of all food security- borlaug alumni ending starvation
2 supercity costal trade models which designed hi-tech borderless sme value chains- to build a 20 million person capital or an 8 million person superport you needed the same advances in engineering - partly why this second economic model was win-win for first time since engines begun Glasgow 1760 ; potentially able to leverage tech giant leaps 100 times ahead; the big opportunity von neumann had gifted us - knowhow action networking multiply value application unlike consuming up things
1976 entrepreneurial revolution -translated into italian by prodi - argued that future globalisation big politics big corporate would need to be triangularised by community scaled sme networks- this was both how innovation advancing human lot begins and also the only way to end poverty in the sense of 21st C being such that next girl born can thrive because every community taps in diversity/safety/ valuing child and health as conditions out of which intergenerational economic growth can spring
in 1977 fathers survey of china - argued that there was now great hope that china had found the system designs that would empower a billion people to escape from extreme poverty but ultimately education of the one child generation (its tech for human capabilities) would be pivotal ( parallel 1977 survey looked at the futures of half the world's people ie east of iran)
best chris macrae + 1 240 316 8157 washington DC
IN MORE DETAIL TECH HUMAN EXPONENTIALS LAST CHANCE DECADE? 
 - we are in midst of unprecedented exponential change (dad from 1960s called death of distance) the  tech legacy of von neumann (dad was his biographer due to luckily meeting him in his final years including neumann's scoping of brain science (ie ai and human i) research which he asked yale to continue in his last lecture series). Exponential risks of extinction track to  mainly western top-down errors at crossroads of tech  over last 60 years (as well as non transparent geonomic mapping of how to reconcile what mainly 10 white empires had monopoly done with machines 1760-1945 and embedded in finance - see eg keynes last chapter of general theory of money); so our 2020s destiny is conditioned by quite simple local time-stamped details but ones that have compounded so that root cause and consequence need exact opposite of academic silos- so I hope there are some simple mapping points we can agree sustainability and chinese anchors in particular are now urgently in the middle of
Both my father www.normanmacrae.net at the economist and I (eg co-authoring 1984 book 2025 report, retranslated to 1993 sweden's new vikings) have argued sustainability in early 21st c will depend mostly on how asians as 65% of humans advance and how von neumann (or moores law) 100 times more tech every decade from 1960s is valued by society and business.
My father (awarded Japan's Order of Rising Sun and one time scriptwriter for Prince Charles trips to Japan) had served as teen allied bomber command burma campaign - he therefore had google maps in his head 50 years ahead of most media people, and also believed the world needed peace (dad was only journalist at messina birth of EU ) ; from 1960 his Asian inclusion arguments were almost coincidental to Ezra Vogel who knew much more about Japan=China last 2000 years ( additionally  cultural consciousness of silk road's eastern dynamics not golden rule of Western Whites) and peter drucker's view of organisational systems
(none of the 10 people at the economist my father had mentored continued his work past 1993- 2 key friends died early; then the web turned against education-journalism when west coast ventures got taken over by advertising/commerce instead of permitting 2 webs - one hi-trust educational; the other blah blah. sell sell .sex sell. viral trivial and hate politicking)
although i had worked mainly in the far east eg with unilever because of family responsibilities I never got to china until i started bumping into chinese female graduates at un launch of sdgs in 2015- I got in 8 visits to beijing -guided by them around tsinghua, china centre of globalisation, a chinese elder Ying Lowrey who had worked on smes in usa for 25 years but was not jack ma's biographer in 2015 just as his fintech models (taobao not alibaba) were empowering villagers integration into supply chains; there was a fantastic global edutech conference dec 2016 in Tsinghua region (also 3 briefings by Romano Prodi to students) that I attended connected with  great womens education hero bangladesh's fazle abed;  Abed spent much of hs last decade hosting events with chinese and other asian ambassadors; unite university graduates around sdg projects the world needed in every community but which had first been massively demonstrated in asia - if you like a version of schwarzman scholars but inclusive of places linking all deepest sustainability goals challenges 
and i personally feel learnt a lot from 3 people broadcasting from cgtn you and the 2 ladies liu xin and  tian wei (they always seemed to do balanced interviews even in the middle of trump's hatred campaigns), through them I also became a fan of father and daughter Jin at AIIB ; i attended korea's annual general meet 2017 of aiib; it was fascinating watching bankers for 60 countries each coming up with excuses as to why they would not lead on infrastructure investments (even though the supercity economic model depends on that)
Being a diaspora scot and a mathematician borders (managers who maximise externalisation of risks) scare me; especially rise of nationalist ones ;   it is pretty clear historically that london trapped most of asia in colomisdation ; then bankrupted by world war 2 rushed to independence without the un or anyone helping redesign top-down systems ; this all crashed into bangladesh the first bottom up collaboration women lab ; ironically on health, food security, education bangladesh and chinese village women empowerment depended on sharing almost every village microfranchise between 1972 and 2000 especially on last mile health networking
in dads editing of 2025 from 1984 he had called for massive human awareness by 2001 of mans biggest risk being discrepancies in incomes and expectations of rich and poor nations; he suggested that eg public broadcast media could host a reality tv end poverty entrepreneur competition just as digital media was scaling to be as impactful as mass media
that didnt happen and pretty much every mess - reactions to 9/11, failure to do ai of epidemics as priority from 2005 instead of autonomous cars, failure to end long-term carbon investments, subprime has been rooted in the west not having either government nor big corporate systems necessary to collaboratively value Asian SDG innovations especially with 5g
I am not smart enough to understand how to thread all the politics now going on but in the event that any cgtn journalist wants to chat especially in dc where we could meet I do not see humans preventing extinction without maximising chinese youth (particularly womens dreams); due to covid we lost plans japan had to relaunch value of female athletes - so this and other ways japan and china and korea might have regained joint consciousness look as if they are being lost- in other words both cultural and education networks (not correctly valued by gdp news headlines) may still be our best chance at asian women empowerment saving us all from extinction but that needs off the record brainstorming as I have no idea what a cgtn journalist is free to cover now that trump has turned 75% of americans into seeing china as the enemy instead of looking at what asian policies of usa hurt humans (eg afghanistan is surely a human wrong caused mostly by usa); a; being a diaspora scot i have this naive idea that we need to celebrate happiness of all peoples an stop using media to spiral hatred across nations but I expect that isnt something an anchor can host generally but for example if an anchor really loves ending covid everywhere then at least in that market she needs to want to help united peoples, transparency of deep data etc

2021 afore ye go to glasgow cop26-

please map how and why - more than 3 in 4 scots earn their livelihoods worldwide not in our homeland- that requires hi-trust as well as hi-tech to try to love all cultures and nature's diversity- until mcdonalds you could use MAC OR MC TO identify our community engaging networks THAT SCALED ROUND STARTING UP THE AGE OF HUMANS AND MACHINES OF GKASGOW UNI 1760 1 2 3 - and the microfranchises they aimed to sustain  locally around each next child born - these days scots hall of fame started in 1760s around   adam smith and james watt and 195 years later glasgow engineering BA fazle abed - we hope biden unites his irish community building though cop26 -ditto we hope kamalA values gandhi- public service - but understand if he or she is too busy iN DC 2021 with covid or finding which democrats or republicans or american people speak bottom-up sustainable goals teachers and enrrepreneurs -zoom with chris.macrae@yahoo.co.uk if you are curious - fanily foundation of the economist's norman macrae- explorer of whether 100 times more tehc every decade since 1945 would end poverty or prove orwell's-big brother trumps -fears correct 2025report.com est1984 or the economist's entreprenerialrevolutionstarted up 1976 with italy/franciscan romano prodi

help assemble worldrecordjobs.com card pack 1in time for games at cop26 glasgow nov 2021 - 260th year of machines and humans started up by smith and watt- chris.macrae@yahoo.co.uk- co-author 2025report.com, networker foundation of The Economist's Norman Macrae - 60s curricula telecommuting andjapan's capitalist belt roaders; 70s curricula entreprenurial revolution and poverty-ending rural keynesianism - library of 40 annual surveys loving win-wins between nations youth biographer john von neumann

http://plunkettlakepress.com/jvn.html

101%20ways%20that%20lifelong%20education%20can%20prevent%20your%20kids%20being%20the%20extinction%20generation.docx

© 2024   Created by chris macrae.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service